Dedicated Bergen County Family Law Attorneys
Providing Individualized Attention Targeted to Meeting Each Client’s Own Unique Needs
Herbert & Weiss, LLP has been protecting the rights of individuals and businesses in Bergen County, New Jersey and surrounding areas since 1994. Our law firm devotes a significant amount of our practice to family law matters in northern New Jersey but also includes business and employment law and many other general civil matters as well.
Regardless of whether your need is for family law or some other legal matter, our focus is on providing high quality legal services in a timely fashion. We approach each new case with a fresh perspective, custom tailoring powerful legal strategies to help our clients achieve the best possible outcome. We believe our clients deserve no less than our full time and attention devoted to their unique situation. We take the time necessary to listen to you, explain your situation to you and advise you on your options, and educate you on the law and process so you know what to expect and can make informed decisions about your legal matter. We also strive to keep you informed throughout the course of the representation, so you are never in the dark about the status of your case.
"After having hired two other firms to represent me in my highly contentious divorce, I felt dejected and financially drained without an end in sight. Out of desperation to protect my children, I sought out another firm to represent me and was referred to Herbert & Weiss by a friend. My entire experience in the divorce process was finally set on the right track and ultimately settled in my favor as a result." — K.M.
Many facts about Herbert & Weiss speak for themselves, including;
- An enviable record of settlements and verdicts
- A reputation as aggressive litigators and persuasive negotiators
- A large amount of referrals from former clients and other attorneys who know and respect our work
Cases We Handle
The outcome of your legal dispute could impact your financial stability and personal relationships for years or even decades. If you're embroiled in a legal case, you need an attorney you can trust to understand your needs and advocate for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
Our Bergen County attorneys specialize in Family Law and the following other areas:
- Appellate Work
- Employment Discrimination
- Tax Appeals
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Business Law & Contract (or Transactions) Negotiations
- Local & Municipal Law
At Herbert & Weiss, LLP, our Bergen County lawyers can help you find the best path forward in your case. Our compassionate, experienced team can develop a comprehensive case strategy that suits your needs.
I recently had the pleasure of working with Helene Herbert, a highly skilled and knowledgeable lawyer. She was instrumental in drafting a prenuptial agreement for me prior to my marriage. Throughout the entire process, Mrs. Herbert, displayed a high level- Anonymous
In times where all hope was lost and fear was all-encompassing, you have unconditionally paved the way with an angelic light, open heart and indomitable courage!! You are eternally in my heart and revered by me in so many ways!!- L.Z.
Thank you all for investing in me and explaining the process going forward. It is very comforting to know that my interests are in the hands of competent and intelligent women.- L.G.
Thank you so, so much for all of your help this year. I am so grateful for all of your great advice and expertise!- E.V.
After having hired two other firms to represent me in my highly contentious divorce, I felt dejected and financially drained without an end in sight. Out of desperation to protect my children, I sought out another firm to represent me and was referred to H- K.M.
Helayne Weiss represented me in my divorce proceedings, and throughout, both her legal advice and personal relationship with me was nothing short of outstanding. My goal was that of a speedy resolution to the divorce and Helayne made it happen.- E.K.
I met Helayne Weiss and Helene Herbert when I was at the lowest part of my life and figured there was no one who could help me with my legal issues pertaining to my divorce.- P.P.
Thank you for being the smartest, caring, supportive, professional lawyer EVER!!- M.K.
The Benefits of Working with a Bergent County Family Law Attorney
Frequently, individuals wonder whether they should hire a family law attorney for their legal dispute. When you work with one of our family lawyers, you gain the following advantages:
- A defined path forward. Our Bergen County family lawyers will work with you to develop a comprehensive strategy for your case, so you always know what to expect.
- A legal advocate in court. If you do choose to litigate your case in the courtroom, our lawyers will take every measure to protect your rights and best interests.
- Amicable alternatives to litigation. If you'd like to use a method of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as mediation to handle your case, our lawyers can help resolve your dispute more peacefully.
- A different perspective. Family law disputes are often combative, and it can be difficult to assess what's objectively the right path forward. Our Bergen County family law attorneys can provide you with a fresh, neutral perspective on your case.
- Meaningful assistance. Filling out paperwork and filing a family law dispute with a court can be difficult. Our family lawyers in Bergen County can relieve your legal burden by taking care of paperwork and filing on your behalf.
At Herbert & Weiss, LLP, our NJ family law attorneys have decades of experience representing New Jerseyans in complex family law disputes.
To schedule a consultation with our Bergen Country family lawyers or learn more about how we can represent you in your New Jersey family law case, schedule a consultation online or via phone at (201) 500-2151.