Bergen County Family Law Attorneys
Finding the Best Path Forward in Your Case
The stressful issues of family law hit hard at a time when our clients are most vulnerable. Our clients come to us worried about their future, concerned about whether they will be able to survive financially, worried about their children, or afraid they will be kicked out of their home. If you're engaged in a family law case, our attorneys can help you develop a comprehensive case strategy and work towards an ideal outcome.
At Herbert & Weiss, LLP, our experienced Bergen County family lawyers leverage decades of combined experience to help New Jerseyans navigate complex family law disputes.
Our Practice Areas
We help clients handle the following types of legal disputes:
- Divorce. The outcome of your divorce could change the trajectory of your life. Our Bergen County family law attorneys have experience dealing with intricate divorce disputes, including those involving valuable assets. Whether you want an amicable resolution or wish to litigate the dissolution of your marriage in court, we'll find the best path forward in your case.
- Child custody and support. As a parent, you want the best for your child. Our Bergen County family law attorneys will help you work towards a custody and support arrangement that respects your parental rights and enables your child to thrive.
- Property division. Property division is often the most combative part of a divorce. We're here to protect your assets and ensure you remain financially stable during and after your divorce.
- Alimony. Whether you want to obtain alimony from a soon-to-be-ex or defend yourself from an unfair alimony proposal, we're here for you.
- Modifications. Obtaining an order modification enables you to modify the terms of an existing order to suit your situation more accurately. Our Bergen County family law attorneys are here to help pursue an equitable arrangement on your behalf.
- Appeals. If you believe the court made a mistake handling your case or you received an unfair outcome, our lawyers will fight for your rights.
- Adoption. Adopting a child can be surprisingly challenging - we're here to help you welcome a new family member into your home.
- LGBTQ+ family law. LGBTQ+ individuals sometimes face unique obstacles during legal cases. We'll make sure you receive reliable legal counsel and fair treatment from the court system.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Our Bergen County family law attorneys can help you and your partner's counsel draft an equitable pre or postnup that protects your interests and strengthens your union.
- Paternity. Whether you want to establish paternity or fight against a paternity action, our attorneys will defend you in and out of court.
- Domestic violence. Our Bergen County family lawyers will work with you to pursue measures such as restraining orders that enable you to maintain your health and well-being during a domestic violence case.
Dedicated, Comprehensive Family Law Practice in New Jersey
At Herbert & Weiss, our seasoned Bergen County family lawyers are here to provide you with the dedicated, compassionate legal counsel you deserve. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your family law needs.
I recently had the pleasure of working with Helene Herbert, a highly skilled and knowledgeable lawyer. She was instrumental in drafting a prenuptial agreement for me prior to my marriage. Throughout the entire process, Mrs. Herbert, displayed a high level- Anonymous
In times where all hope was lost and fear was all-encompassing, you have unconditionally paved the way with an angelic light, open heart and indomitable courage!! You are eternally in my heart and revered by me in so many ways!!- L.Z.
Thank you all for investing in me and explaining the process going forward. It is very comforting to know that my interests are in the hands of competent and intelligent women.- L.G.
Thank you so, so much for all of your help this year. I am so grateful for all of your great advice and expertise!- E.V.
After having hired two other firms to represent me in my highly contentious divorce, I felt dejected and financially drained without an end in sight. Out of desperation to protect my children, I sought out another firm to represent me and was referred to H- K.M.
Helayne Weiss represented me in my divorce proceedings, and throughout, both her legal advice and personal relationship with me was nothing short of outstanding. My goal was that of a speedy resolution to the divorce and Helayne made it happen.- E.K.
I met Helayne Weiss and Helene Herbert when I was at the lowest part of my life and figured there was no one who could help me with my legal issues pertaining to my divorce.- P.P.
Thank you for being the smartest, caring, supportive, professional lawyer EVER!!- M.K.