Bergen County Family Law Attorneys
Finding the Best Path Forward in Your Case
At Herbert & Weiss, LLP, our experienced Bergen County family lawyers leverage decades of combined experience to help New Jerseyans navigate complex family law disputes.
If you're engaged in a family law case, our attorneys can help you develop a comprehensive case strategy and work towards an ideal outcome.
Our Practice Areas
We help clients handle the following types of legal disputes:
- Divorce. The outcome of your divorce could change the trajectory of your life. Our attorneys have experience dealing with intricate divorce disputes, including those involving valuable assets. Whether you want an amicable resolution or wish to litigate the dissolution of your marriage in court, we'll find the best path forward in your case.
- Child custody and support. As a parent, you want the best for your child. Our attorneys will help you work towards a custody and support arrangement that respects your parental rights and enables your child to thrive.
- Property division. Property division is often the most combative part of a divorce. We're here to protect your assets and ensure you remain financially stable during and after your divorce.
- Alimony. Whether you want to obtain alimony from a soon-to-be-ex or defend yourself from an unfair alimony proposal, we're here for you.
- Modifications. Obtaining an order modification enables you to modify the terms of an existing order to suit your situation more accurately. Our attorneys are here to help pursue an equitable arrangement on your behalf.
- Appeals. If you believe the court made a mistake handling your case or you received an unfair outcome, our lawyers will fight for your rights.
- Adoption. Adopting a child can be surprisingly challenging - we're here to help you welcome a new family member into your home.
- LGBTQ+ family law. LGBTQ+ individuals sometimes face unique obstacles during legal cases. We'll make sure you receive reliable legal counsel and fair treatment from the court system.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Our attorneys can help you and your partner's counsel draft an equitable pre or postnup that protects your interests and strengthens your union.
- Paternity. Whether you want to establish paternity or fight against a paternity action, our attorneys will defend you in and out of court.
- Domestic violence. Our lawyers will work with you to pursue measures such as restraining orders that enable you to maintain your health and well-being during a domestic violence case.
At Herbert & Weiss, our seasoned Bergen County family lawyers are here to provide you with the dedicated, compassionate legal counsel you deserve.
“In times where all hope was lost and fear was all-encompassing, you have unconditionally paved the way with an angelic light, open heart and indomitable courage!! You are eternally in my heart and revered by me in so many ways!!”- L.Z.
“It is very comforting to know that my interests are in the hands of competent and intelligent women.”- L.G.
“I am so grateful for all of your great advice and expertise!”- E.V.